... for my eventual bankruptcy. I'm kidding... sort of :)
I've been a real good girl recently. The last collection I bought stuff from was the Fafi collection. That's right. I completely skipped Heatherette simply because I didn't find anything interesting enough for me to purchase. Yes I loved the packaging, but I really don't need more makeup. The Strobe collection looks pretty interesting to me. I might pick up a lip moisturizer and maybe the lotion. Later.
Anyways, I did stop by the store yesterday. It was really funny because my fave artist there, Nina, told me that some people had come in and asked about a girl who did Youtube videos on MAC. Nina asked, "Is she asian and named Stephanie?" LOL Its weird when that stuff comes up in real life. I never really thought anyone in my area saw my videos... but I guess I'm wrong.
That's besides the point. I saw the Naughty Nauticals collection. Cute name, cute products just not cute enough for me to part with too much of my money. I did buy a few things though.
Some basic products that I ran out of:
- Wipes: my favorite makeup remover in the whole wide world.
- Clear Brow Set: I need to get a waxing, but I've used it today and it is amazing.
- Dervish Lip Liner: Perfect pink lip liner.
- Oil Control Lotion: It's summer time so time to control my oiliness!
- #7 Lashes: My fave lashes ever.
- 222 Brush: I've always wanted this brush, just never got it. But I figure if I buy it, I'll want to do makeup more, which helps all of us :D
And a few things from various collections:
- Mineralized Loose Foundation in Medium Dark: I've been laying out a lot recently and so I've gotten a lot darker. And during summer I get SUPER oily. Therefore, bye bye liquid foundations, hello powder!
- Steppin Out & Bare Necessity Dazzleglass: I really like these! Kinda sticky, I was hoping for more of a 3D Glass consistency, but it looks so good. The glitter really makes your lips pop.
- Ahoy, There! Lipstick: Such a cute color! I think its really similar to Bombshell lipstick which is permanent, but I can't say no to a pretty pink lipstick.
I could have gotten more from the Naughty Nauticals collection, but I really couldn't justify to myself buying more eyeshadows or pigments. I mean, I'm already trying to get rid of a lot of my eyeshadows, why get more you know? So I decided to try my hand at using products I already have to recreate (somewhat) a face chart for Naughty Nauticals, the Ensign face chart.
And my take... I'm getting my brows waxed today so sorry for their grossness.
Lighthearted Mystery Powder - buffed onto skin with 183
NC35 Concealer - dabbed on with ring finger and blended
Whim Blush - swept onto cheeks with 136
UDPP - all over lid with ring finger
Clear Brow Set - brushed onto brows
Archival Technakohl Liner - all over lid with 242 & lower lashline
Freshwater e/s - over Archival with 252
Flashtrack e/s - crease with 217
Claire De Lune e/s - highlight with 227
Prussian e/s - lower lashline with 219
Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner in Zero - waterline and upper lashline
Shiseido Mascara Base
Smashbox Bionic Mascara
Dervish Lip Liner
Ahoy, There! Lipstick
And here is a little something I did for work. I'm trying to figure out some good makeup looks appropriate for office type jobs.
Lighthearted Mystery Powder
NC 35 Concealer
Satin Taupe e/s - all over lid with 222
Showstopper e/s - crease with 222
Same Eyeliner and Mascara
Bare Necessity Dazzleglass
Then I quickly vamped it up after an 8 hour work day to go out and have some fun :) I added:
Ardell's Hotties Falsies
Oak Lip Liner
Bare Necessity Dazzleglass
If you hadn't noticed, my hair changed... again LOL. I like black the best so I'll prolly keep it. And yes I did do it by myself this time. I figure you can't go wrong if going dark. I used Garnier Nutriesse Hair Dye in Soft Black. Saved me a good $40+ than going to the salon woohoo! Will make a separate entry later on hair color change. See y'all later!